Build-up – Arrive during the build of the stand. Prepare the stand for display with any graphics, audio visual equipment, furniture in position, hardware, brochures, give-aways, catering etc.
- Store any additional travel boxes with stand builder or in exhibition storage area.
- Check all boxes and items have been delivered to the stand or collect them as required.
- Prepare and give to company representatives and exhibitors their stand roster schedule. Make sure that you have the right combination of expertise on the stand at all times and that you have scheduled meal and coffee breaks.
- Let all staff know who is the official company spokesperson should you have press coming to the stand.
- Inform staff of any competitions and how they work, and how the lead forms are filled in and processed.
- Perform a practice run with all equipment to check it is working. Rehearse any presentation.
- Inform staff who is in charge of the stand and what each person’s role and responsibilities are.
- If press packs are required deliver them to the press centre.
- Re-confirm any booked meeting rooms.
- Re-confirm times, places and staff attending any hospitality events such as parties, drinks receptions and dinners.
Logistics during Show
- Before the show opens make sure that you arrive first before the opening of exhibition hall so that you can unlock the office and storage areas and make sure that everything is ready and working before the tradeshow opens.
- During the show check the stock levels of give-aways, display literature and catering.
- Make sure that staff do not put all their coats and bags in the back office rather than in the cloakroom where they should be.
- Make sure that you or another designated person is allocated the responsibility for turning equipment off or locking up at the end of the day.
- At the end of the day run through any logistics for the next day and identify any problems experienced and communicate what can be done better. Then unwind with staff informally.
- Take plenty of photos of stand during the show.
- Collect leads and, if appropriate, make sure that those back at the office prepare any follow up that is required.
Close of Show logistics
- Allocate duties and responsibilities to staff regarding the close of show and tear down. Debrief staff.
- Collect any storage boxes.
- Clearly label any boxes that are returning to the home office.
- Make sure items from the stand are packed securely and put away. Use your inventory check list for this.
- Arrange for the transportation of any boxes. If items are being collected by the stand builder make sure that they know which these are and confirm when you expect them back in the office.
In the final tip we will be outlining follow up process from the exhibition and feedback.