Securing an opportunistic tradeshow or exhibition display location is like finding a prime piece of real estate for your business. The location is one of the most important factors that will determine whether or not you are successful.
The location of your stand is linked to the amount of traffic that you can attract to your display area, which correlates to the potential number of leads and sales you can ultimately achieve.
Deciding what position to take on the trade floor is important to the flow of traffic and visitor footfall. If possible book your stand position as early as possible when there are usually more options.
Some exhibitors will book the stand space for the next year directly after the trade show has finished if their attendance had been successful, sometimes the organisers offer an early bird discount.
Points to consider when booking your next tradeshow space whether shell scheme or space only.
- While high traffic areas are sought after by exhibitors, there are some high traffic areas that are important to stay away from such as entrances or exits. The entrances and exits of exhibition halls are often so crowded and chaotic that visitors may not notice the tradeshow display booths that are re located right next to the door.
- The best location for a tradeshow display stand? Look for an area where there is less congestion within expected traffic patterns.
- Select a location where your stand may be able to stand out from others, based on size and graphics, which will allow the greatest visibility and successful sales.
- If the show is large it’s usually better to be with companies that offer similar products. For example if you’re at an IT Show then you would want to be in the same hall as those in a similar market e.g. specialized software. Often the organiser will recommend which hall is appropriate for your class of services or products.
- Beware of positioning yourself too close to your principal competition if they have a higher visibility or larger stand than your own.
- A stand that is at the junction of two aisles is more preferable to one that only has one open side as you can catch the traffic from two directions, or even four.
Exhibitions offer a unique sales platform where you can actually meet potential clients face to face. Most of these visitors would have paid to attend so in effect they are actively in a buying mode. It’s a well-known fact that exhibitions offer the greatest return on investment providing you follow some very basic rules.
- See more at: Trade-show-advisor.com.